Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hello friends!

Hello friends ,long time no posting from me.I am sorry that I have been MIA but I have not been feeling well so it has been mostly lazy days for me.There have been many days lately that my laptop has remained closed not seeing the light of day . I would like to explain the reason that I disappear for short times and that is because I deal with  a condition known as Ulcerative Colitis,very similar to Chron's Disease .It is a daily struggle but there are times that it flares much worse and those are the times I disappear.It is something that I accept as a part of my life and have learned to pretty much deal with it.I hope that you all accept my apologies for the disappearing acts.

We have been enjoying lots of warm weather here in Kentucky the last few days but that is supposed to change today.We  are supposed  to be getting snow showers with some expected accumulation.It will be nice to see a bit of snow as long as it is not a long visitor.LOL! 

I hope that 2012 has started off well for all of you! Our old truck was giving us lots of problems so we upgraded to a 2004 model ( we did not want anything newer because of hubby going four wheeling and hauling stuff) quad cab Dodge Dakota  .It is a nice change as our other one was a two door king cab ,I really like the extra doors.Did you make any resolutions for the New Year? I didn't really ,I just hope to be able to slow down and enjoy each day as it comes.Sometimes in this fast pace life we forget to enjoy the small things that makes life great.

I wanted to share my winnings from Janice over at Prims By The Water .I was one of the winners of her birthday giveaway and let me tell you I just love her blog ,so be sure to stop by and say hello.I was so happy to see what she sent me and I know that you are going to love it too.I am  just sorry that it took me so long to get a picture posted.





Isn't that the cutest snowman ornie and just look at that Father Christmas pillow tuck ! Adorable I tell ya! Thank you so much Janice I will treasure them forever!

Well my friends I guess it is time for me to tackle my household chores for my lazy days have caught up with me.The laundry is already  going and the dust is gathering into mounds waiting for me.I will do my best to catch up on your blogs soon.Hugs and Blessings,Jen



15 comments:

Shirlee said...

Welcome back Jen! So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Blessings, Shirlee

Barb said...

Hi Jen,
Sorry to hear about your condition. I understand that is a hard one to live with. Hang in there.
Congratulations on your truck and your winnings!!
Enjoy today!
Barb

Angela said...

Hi Jen, hoping you are feeling much better and 2012 will be a good year for you. Love the winnings from Janice. That little pillow tuck is precious as well as the snowman face. You take care. Hoping you get that snow. Would love to have some of the white stuff as well.
Angela

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Woo hoo so thrilled to see a post from you was worried bout ya ! Sorry you have to deal with the pain and such an awful disease I was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis so I sorta know how you feel ! Just glad you are back , loving your goodies from Janice shes the sweetest ! Hope you have a great day , hugs lilraggedyangie

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Jen I'm so sorry that you have to live with such a debilitating and painful illness. It must be a struggle for you.
You won a sweet little giveaway.
Hugs,
Susan

Paula said...

Hello, Jen! Don't feel bad about being MIA~ sometimes things happen and we have to put blogging on the back burner for a while.
So sorry to hear of your condition~ hope you're doing better now.
Congrats on the truck... new vehicles are always exciting!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Winter greetings Jen, I hope you are feeling better, I deal with migraines so I understand completely. Winter has found us here in Maine, time to tackle inside projects, I'm afraid at times I day dream the day away! What a sweet win, cute little ornament and pillow tuck. Congrats. on the new truck! Stay well, Julie.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Life is so fast pace. The days of this new year are just flying by. I often wish I could just catch up to them. I am sorry to hear your dealing with crones. Prayer lifted for you dear friend. Keep warm & cozy as the snow falls. In your last visit to my blog you mentioned the goats. I must have missed reading about them. Another unique creature I would like to add to the homestead. Blessings!
Lara

BumbleBeeLane said...

Glad you are starting to feel a little better.I have a friend with the condition,No fun for sure.We have had warm temps now they say the next few days we are going into a deep freeze.Ok by me I'm ready to nest.Warm Blessings!~Amy

acorn hollow said...

glad you are feeling better. My husband will be looking for a new truck this spring or sooner and no it will not be new. Great winnings very sweet. don't work to hard on the house and take care.
Cathy

Trace4J said...

Oh Friend
SO sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly. Glad you let us all know. You have been missed. I will be praying for you.
Hugs tooo
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. I love your two goodies you won. I love the old father christmas!
Have a blesed weekend, stay warm it is going to be in the teens and windy all weekend,

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man Jennifer, I'm sorry to read you suffer from UC.
I agree. We all need to slow down and enjoy the simpler things in life. ♥
~Karin

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Jen,
I was going to send a reply e-mail to your comment from my blog but thought that goodness I haven't even been here in awhile so on over I came.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NICE COMMENT...

Now...I do hope you are feeling some better. I know someone who is suffering with this disease and I pray for you for healing. I'm sure stress can cause some of this discomfort too???

Your winning is adorable - what a sweet snowman head.

Blessings Jen

Karen

jody said...

jennifer, thanx so much for stopping by my blog. its been fun altho i could spend so much time at the computer and not get much else done.. i hope that you are feeling better these days and the flare ups dont come as often. a tough disease take care of your self my new friend!