Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last projects of 2013 (sorry lots of pics)

It seems it is time for another year to end ,it flew by fast. As one year ends, it brings a chance for new beginnings for us all. While 2013 has been a struggle for many of us it has not all been bad.In everyday we can find the blessings if we choose to seek His love .His love sets us all free and makes it so much easier to handle the struggles that life hands us.When life hands me  a rough way to go I find so much encouragement from my many blogging friends.Thank you! There are a few fellow bloggers that have not been posting ,I pray that things line out for them soon and that if it is health related that they are healed soon. It is my hope and wish for you all that 2014 brings you all the best! Happy New Year my friends!

As it is the last day of 2013,it seems like a good time to share the last of  projects for this year.While my computer was broken I crafted.I craft on something at least once a day,if at all possible,it is my stress reliever.Well.... most of the time other than when I am cross stitching.LOL! I will get the hang of it someday,but till then,I will stitch  a while and remove stitches for a while.It will not get the best of me.Heheeheee! If nothing else perhaps it will help me develop patience.See a blessing in even my stitching struggles.

I  did a few  wool applique pieces....


 The two holly tucks were gifts for a couple of friends.


 This piece was based on  Lisa  Bongean pattern that I changed  a bit.


 This pillow( my design) I made for my bedroom back in the Fall.I don't think I had shared it before today.

 My snowpal  (my design) candle wrap.
.

A penny rug that I did to go in my bedroom.The lighter pennies are done in shades of gray.

A punching we will go ,a punching we will go.....you already know I am a punching fool so let's go see what I have been up to.These are all my own designs.
This was a gift for a dear friend! Top is with flash and the bottom without the flash.I mounted it on a little basket.



My first attempt at making a dimensional project.I used some of my overdyed threads for this project.


Design mounted on a paper mache box.


Need to mount this one to something. 
Since this has became such a long post I will finish it with another post....Stay tuned.....Hugs,Jen






6 comments:

Shirlee said...

You are right about 2013 my friend! It held many difficult days, but having God in our lives helps us get through days like that. He gives us strength & hope & so much more! Your post is lovely, & wow! Your creations are beautiful! I have said it before & I will say it again ... you could be a very successful designer! I would even stand in line to buy a pattern & try my hand at wool appliqueing some of your pieces! As far as punchneedle goes, I'm a total washout at it ... but I love the pieces so much! You are amazing, my friend!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Jen my Sister,
You have been a busy bee. I LOVE the pillow you made for your bedroom.
I LOVE, LOVE, mt snowmen basket and my pillow tuck thank you soooooooo much. I have to order a pillow from you because that pillow is AWESOME and the Santa REALLY....to die for!
You are So talented but we talk all the time on the phone so you already know that.

I am telling you.....you need to post the things you made and sell them here on your blog.
Happy New year Sis.,
I will be calling you later,
Hugs and Kisses
Tricia XOXO

Deb said...

Your encouragement and prayers have meant so much to me Jen, I thank you my blogging friend for your support. Your projects are all wonderful but I especially love your bedroom pillow and the punched snow couple, adorable! Can't wait to see part two :O) Deb

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So many wonderful accomplishments!!!
Wishing you the best in 2014!
Happy New Year!!!
I Hope it's a Happy One for You!
Blessings
Robin

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great job on everything!!! I especially LOVE the Santa. Once I get better at punchneedle I'm going to try one.

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Hello... Do you design all your projects? Gorgeous! I know its late, but I hope your Christmas was wonderful & Have a Very Happy New Year. Keep on stitching!
Marg