Friday, March 7, 2014

Long time no blogging...

Sorry friends,I was surprised when I realized how long it has been since I last did a blog post.Time sure gets away from me anymore.Things have been busy with the cold temps and the last winter storm which gave us snow and ice. I am like most everyone else and holding my breath for Spring.The weather is nicer here today and the snow is melting pretty fast.It  does make for  hazardous walking though,just ask my poor aching body.I took a spill this morning while out feeding,landed flat on my back and banged my head against the ice.LOL! I knew it was a good thing that I am so hard headed.Hope that everyone is doingwell and staying warm.Here at home, I have been battling a stomach bug for the last three weeks or so,I think it is over but then it knocks me down again.Hubs has been fighting a rough cold.

I want to take the time to say hello and welcome to my new followers.I am so happy and honored to have you following my little blog.To all those folks that left comments on my last post,thanks so much for all of your sweet comments.I did try and reply but my email was doing weird things and I finally threw my hands up in the air and quit trying.I was afraid that I might send some bug or something to you.

This is one of the things that has been keeping me busy.I apologize about the poor pictures but she just would not be still.She is hopefully going to be going back outside this weekend or the beginning of next week.She is a super sweet little goat.Folks may I introduce Penny......



I will try and get a better pic when I take her outside.She was wanting to run and play this morning.

I have been dreaming of warmer days and long walks in the woods.All that thinking has made me want to work on a few Spring goodies. Even though I have been sick I still have managed to do a few things,so stick around if you would like to join in my show and tell.

My first project was a few wool eggs.I used a pattern from Keri of Calico Rabbit and changed it up a bit to make it my own.The rabbit was her patten but the nest and basket of flowers are my designs.It is a fun egg to make and so easy.
The next is a cross stitch design by subrosa,it is a really sweet design and fun to stitch.
Another  project was cross stitch design that was offered free  by cosmichandmade.com.I took certain areas of the design to make a small cupboard tuck .I also added the wool strawberry.It turned out kind of cute.I plan on displaying it with  bowl of wool strawberries,just haven't had time to make them yet.LOL!

Keeping with the strawberry theme is another strawberry that I punched using yarn and the oxford #10 punch needle.It looks like wool and is a large one at 7 inches long.LOL!
Front side and with flash on.

Back side and no flash ,it is a really pretty prim color in life.

It just would not be me if I did  not have a few needle punched pieces too.The next projects are all my designs as is the above punched strawberry.

I made this pillow by first punching the rabbit and then adding it to the wool background with the coordinating wool pennies.I then did the feather stitch to hide the seams where I added the wool strips around the rabbit background.
 Closeup of the punched rabbit and yep another wool strawberry.  


The next piece is one that I calls Spring out to me.I mounted it on a whale tail hornbook that I cut and painted.
I did use a lot of my overdyed floss in this piece.It was a fun whimsical  project.I did not want everything perfect so I just added the pennies randomly as I punched it.

Last project is one that drove me nuts! I still am not satisfied with it but called it quits,the thing almost went in the garbage can several times.
It is not as bright as it appears and I used mostly overdyed floss in this design.It is hard to see but the smallest bunny in the design is holding a flower.
Last but not least of all is the best picture! 

When I see these sweethearts I know that it will not be long till I am out enjoying the warm Spring sunshine.It was a long post and for that I apologize but I am trying to catch up and will in the coming days be catching up with all of you as well.For some reason I am having problems commenting on some of the blogs I follow using bloglovin.Is anyone else having that kind of problem.It is mainly blogs that open up a new page for you to leave your comment,any help would be wonderful.
Have a wonderful day and weekend friends!Be blessed,Jen

20 comments:

lms said...

hey jenn......wow....you have been busy.....and I sure hope you are ok......after your fall....ouch!!!!....how fun to have an inside goat....I bet you and penny have bonded real good....I enjoyed all your projects too....I need to get busy with mine....of all the ones I took with me to florida.....I have only been working on one....my needlepoint...I almost have this section done....thanks for visiting my blog....spring ahead this weekend...yeah!!!! its almost here

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I love ALL of your beautiful projects and I fell in love with the on you said I was going to throw it away a couple of times. It came out perfect in my eyes.
I love the big strawberry and the pillow with the strawberry hanging is SOOOO awesome.

I also love, love Penny. She is so darn cute! Thanks for posting a pic of her. You are a good mommy to her.
Have a wonderful weekend and hope you and your hubby start to feel better soon.
Hugs,
Tricia

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Jen, oh I adore all you wonderful creations. Love them all, those big strawberry's are beautiful, Blessings Francine.

Christine said...

You have accomplished so much even being ill! And it's all lovely! I wish I could punch needle more but time does speed by!
Hope you all return to better health soon!
Christine

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great new projects! Love the strawberries! Hope your poor head..ouch!...and your tummy are feeling better soon. Penny is so adorable! You are so lucky to have such a sweet little critter to mother!
Take care and have a great weekend,
Robyn

Ronda said...

Hi Jenn,

Love all your projects..so sorry that you haven't felt well. So over the cold, now I've seen your beautiful pic a spring robin, I have hope.

Time certainly does go by quickly..

blessings,
ronda

Earlene said...

Glad your back and your Penny is adorable. She can tell Spring is close with her fiesty self.
Hope you don't get too sore from your fall on the ice.
TGIF
Earlene

Jessica said...

Penny is so cute!! I love baby goats! I also love all of your creations! You have been busy! The wool eggs are so unique to me.

Margaret said...

So great to see a post from you! I love Penny! I would love to expand my critters beyond cats, chickens and bunnies. Maybe in the future! Oh that pillow with the punch needle bunny is adorable. Glad you've been busy but happy to see your post! Hugs, Maggie

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am so sorry to hear of all the sickness in your home. Hope everyone rounds the turn and begins to feel better.
Loving all of your projects. Each one unique and beautiful ;) I love starwberries, so those are favorites.
Rose

Deb said...

Jen, so sorry to hear that you've been sick, hope you and your hubby are on the mend and watch out for that ice! It's darn slippery around here right now too but melting quickly so hopefully it won't last long for either of us! The ground seems to get harder and further away the older you get! Penny is absolutely adorable, what fun to have a kid running around the house :O) And look at all your projects! I'm in awe that you got so much done even though you were under the weather. I love your carrot wagon piece, it is adorable! But I know the feeling when things aren't going as you'd like, it is so frustrating. You have ROBINS! Lucky you, Spring is truly on it's way then. As for the comment problem, I remember reading a while back that the problem commenting on Blogger from a pop up comment box had to do with the Internet Explorer browser? Not sure what browser you use, but if it is IE that may be why you are having problems. Don't know that there is a solution to the problem though, I use the Mozilla Firefox browser and have never had any problems. Hope you are having a lovely warm, Spring like day and walk carefully! Deb

Raymond Homestead said...

Penny is so sweet. Love your creations! Someday I want to try and do some punching again.

prims by olde lady morgan said...

oh my Jen, You have been a busy gal!!! OLM is wishing and hoping for spring too! Except we got more snow today! GRRR! OLM

Kendra said...

My feet went out from under me a few weeks ago when I was taking water out, I just landed on my hip though. Stiff and bruised for a bit.

I am sure your critters are looking forward to Spring as much as mine are!

Kendra

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Jen, so great to have you back and no apology needed m'lady. Life happens!
Ohhh, all your needle crafts look perfect, but I love the punch needles! I enlarged the pics and love them all. I would never know you had trouble with them. I'd be happy to have them in my home :)
So sorry to hear you fell. My hubby has had a couple of those on the ice. Not fun. Be careful and take care.
Hugs~Carol

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Sorry you had a fall.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Farm Girl said...

I do hope you get better soon, it is just no fun to be sick and three weeks is a long time. I love your baby goat, she is so cute. I was outside this morning and I was thinking of goats. Nothing sweeter than baby goats.
I love all of your finishes. What a lovely group. You have been so busy. They all look fantastic. The same thing has been going on with me, the people I am following just disappears and then so do the comments. I hope you get spring soon.

1890* said...

Hope you are feeling better Jenn! *LOVE* Your punch work and designs they are BEAUTIFUL! Wishing you a healthy new Spring ((HUGS))

Cathy G. said...

Hi Jen,
What a lovely post! That cute little Penny can come live with me any day!! Soooo adorable!! I hope you are feeling better from your fall (yikes!) and didn't break any bones! I am so afraid of falling on the ice as I'm sure my old bones wouldn't fare so well! Hope hubby is feeling better too.... what a long long winter it has been. Your projects are so lovely... love them all! If you see any Robins tell them Hi for me.... we probably won't be seeing them any time soon... !!
Hugs!!!
Cathy G

Debra said...

Penny is so sweet! and your handwork is wonderful!!