Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Say it isn't so!

This is what I saw when I peeked out my window this morning! My jaw dropped because I just could not believe it.We have had some beautiful weather lately.The temps were in the 80's over the weekend,now they are in the 30's.Yesterday I wore capri pants  and short sleeves,my windows were open the house was being cooled by a nice breeze.There are only two good things about this: one is I know it is going to be short lived and the other is it made Shirlee smile.




 My poor irises and daylilies look so sad,especially since their tree was taken out.

The apple trees are full of blossoms that are now snow covered.

A closer shot of them.

My maple trees are leaving out,the snow must be a shock to them.

This is a shrub that came from my late Grandmother,it is usually white with blossoms not snow.

I will stop my griping now because it doesn't matter that I am unhappy.LOL! Just gotta remember that snow is still a gift from God.He knows what is best but if I could put in a request it will be for warmer weather.Giggle

Have a blessed day friends!Hugs,Jen




11 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Oh no!!! Terrible weather, we had snow on the weekend. Blessings Francine.

prims by olde lady morgan said...

I want to scream! We got some too! GGRRRR! OLM

Kim said...

There is a nasty rumor I may see some of that stuff tomorrow. I hope not!

Earlene said...

We had more than that but it all melted this afternoon. I was very happy about that.
Hope it is DONE!!!!

Bee Lady said...

Winter seems to be hogging all of the seasons! We had the snow too!!! But the good news, 68degrees for Easter!!!

Cindy Bee

Shirlee said...

It doesn't look the the wonderful cold snap here damaged anything so I hope it's like that down your way as well : ) And oh yes, you know that snow & cold made me smile : )

Deb said...

Well if it is any consolation Jen you are not alone, a lot of folks seem to have snow photographs on their blogs the last few days! Hope it has all melted and that your lovely flowers and trees are back to their full glory.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

We had that awful dreaded snowstorm too ~ most of it has melted and today the sun is shinning!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Danice G said...

Beautiful photos. Yes, snow can come in the Spring, can't it? 'Hope your flowers survive :)

Kendra said...

I feel your pain! I had planted a bit and covered everything the first few nights then I forgot to the night it snowed. GRRR! Lost my Basil and Dill and a couple of annuals :( You should have her my duck Nievah when the pond had a layer of ice on it "gripe, gripe, gripe!" LOL!

Kendra

Mugwump Woolies said...

I hope, I hope, I hope by now your grass is green and spring has sprung for you!
Robyn