Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Wonderful Win

Good morning blogging friends.I hope that the day finds you all well and in happy spirits.I would like to take a moment to thank my old followers for hanging in there with me.To my new followers thanks for joining and a big ole Kentucky welcome to you all! Everyone is welcome and if you ever need to contact me just click the little mouse and envelope on the sidebar.

The weather here the last few days while being beautiful certainly has made it hard to get into the mood to decorate for Christmas.Hard to believe that we hit 75 degrees yesterday,even with a little rain today the temperature is still nice.Yesterday was spent pulling out a few Christmas decorations and tugging on the furniture in the living room so I'd have room for my big tree.The tree just takes up to much room,I want a slimmer one  so that it  would be easier to find a spot for it.That pulling on the furniture is making me pay today.My old back is yelling every time I move.LOL!The plan was to order a German Twig tree but it will have to wait till next year.That is ok as it gives me something to plan around for next year.

My FIL got a great report at the doctor last Friday.The blood pressure and chest tightness was being brought on by stress.I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!We all know the power of prayer.

The house smells so yummy right now.The majority of the morning was spent in the kitchen making french toast for my son after that I started on my molasses cookies.They are cooling as I type.Gretchen is running around sniffing the air.Poor dear acts as though she just did not finish a bowl of food.

On to the title of my post.Hehehee,thought I forgot didn't you,nope just wanted to make you wait! Recently I entered and was blessed to win a wonderful giveaway hosted by Cathy of Tolentreasures! If you aren't already a follower of Miss Cathy please check out her blog.She is so talented ,witty and kind.It is not often that I  leave her blog without a smile.Well let me share with you my winnings cause I know you are wanting to see .The giveaway was for one of Cathy's beautiful pillows.I will just tell you that pics do not do justice to her work.It is gorgeous,the stitching is perfect!


Not only did I get the pillow she sent all these extras!




Thanks so much Cathy!I will always treasure my goodies!

Well I guess I should wrap up as I need to get my dining room and kitchen looking more like Christmas.Have a blessed and happy day .Jen

12 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Jen,

Congratulations on your win and all the wonderful extras!! Bloggers are so very generous and it is a joy to see!! Glad your FIL had a good report!! Enjoy your wonderful weather and take care decorating!
Love the sweet pillow!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, I'm a new follower. Wanted to say congrats on the win, looks like you received some very nice goodies:) Stop by and visit sometime, take care ~ Lori

bettyj said...

hey Jen, I bet your house does smell good.My friend who owns the Speckled Hen didn't get any twig trees this year either. I have a 7&1/2 foot one and I can put it up and take it down all by myself! It doesn't take a lot room. You will love it. They look good with any type decorations too. Enjoyed my visit.

Faye Henry said...

Good for you, Jen.. They are lovely..
God bless, my friend..

Trace4J said...

Thankful for answered prayers!
Love all your wonderful treasures from Kathy.
Woolie Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh, that's good news about your dad. Something that he can control. Meditation and soft music :)
Congratulations on your win! Lots of cute stuff.
I'm working up the energy to get my Christmas decorating done.

Hugs,
Carol

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on your win! So glad your FIL is doing better & it was nothing serious! Yes, can you believe the temps here? ARGH!

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Jen,

Got to love the yummy smells of a baking! I will start this weekend.. We down sized our tree some this year too.. I didn't go prim on our big tree, wanted too... not sure the hub's would of agreed, but still haappy with what we did. happy decorating. OLM

Bee Lady said...

So glad your FIL got a good health report. He's gonna have to learn to handle that stress. When he figures it out...he can teach the rest of the world and he'll be rich!!!
Love all the goodies you won.

Cindy Bee

Roberta said...

Glad your FIL received good news from the doctor, although I know stress is a serious problem. I think going to the gym and working out helps me a lot, but it's too easy for that to take a back seat to all the activities at this time of year! ~Roberta

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Wonderful,beautiful goodies that you won!
She is very talented!

The Mary Bell said...

Hello Jen!
I'm new here - found you through a Blog Hop that I'm participating in as an artist.

I saw your big giant win and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I especially love the owl - he would be my favorite!

ps
It's super good to see a fellow Christian out there!!